First, drum screen printing process
Roller screen printing technology is more and more widely used in label and packaging printing markets that require high quality and good visual effects. Roller screen printing technology can achieve effects and other additional functions that cannot be achieved by other methods. The following takes the STORK roller screen printing machine as an example to introduce roller screen printing technology and equipment.
1. Roller screen printing principle and screen characteristics
The roller screen printing system is composed of a plurality of independent monochrome printing units, suitable for various width printing, and can achieve synchronized integrated intelligent control of the production line.
In the Stoke roll screen printing system, patented RotaMesh screen technology is used, which is a non-woven material made from 100% nickel by electroforming. The unique hexagonal structure achieves excellent stability and allows the screen to stretch arbitrarily in a wide range of paper rolls.
RotaMesh screens have the following features:
1100% metallic nickel material;
2 non-woven fabrics;
3 electroforming manufacturing;
4 hexagonal structure ensures maximum stability;
5 screen joints are extremely flat and perfect;
6 The smooth surface of the roller can reduce the wear of the printing plate;
7 Tapered mesh has ideal over-ink performance.
In addition, RotaMesh screens are highly standardized and stable; they have the advantages of long service life, reusability, high speed screen printing and calibration accuracy.
2. Stoke System (RSI)
The Stoker roller screen system offers a simple plate-making system. Especially when short-run production or temporary printing is needed, this system has completely independent, complete plate-making quality and great flexibility. Since this system is installed indoors, its overall cost can even be reduced to that of the existing printing format.
RotaMesh screen-making process is as follows:
1. End ring link. The left and right end rings of the welded tubular screen are bonded to the screen cylinder with an adhesive.
2. Degreasing. The screen is degreased before applying the sensitized adhesive.
3. Coating. Apply a layer of STORK water-based emulsion to the surface of the roller screen. The coating should be even, smooth and smooth.
4. Drying. Dry the screen roller that has been degreased and coated with photopolymer in a dryer.
5. Exposure. The screen coated with the sensitized emulsion was adhered to the graphic film, and exposed on the exposure device.
6. Development. Part of the unexposed emulsion is washed out with water.
7. Test. Detect screen quality before printing.
Due to the unique emulsion used in the RotaMesh process, the film on the screen can be easily removed with a special stripper and recoated. This brings a lot of convenience to short live printing.
Second, roller screen printing system
Roller screen printing is today's economic and technologically advanced screen printing technology. The key technology in roller screen printing is screen printing cylinders and printing systems.
Roller Screen Printing System:
1) Stoker roller screen printing system The combination of a dryer with a 24-inch wide printing unit enables production speeds up to 120 m/min. Roller screen printing machine structure is stable and durable, the screen can be used repeatedly, suitable for printing a large number or often repeated printing products.
2) The roller screen printing system generally has a simple and convenient job conversion control system, and the downtime of the replacement work is very short. Equipment can achieve higher yields.
Stokes roller screen printing system includes:
1 Independently driven, individually screened screen units (mounted on various cylinder printing equipment).
2 roll-to-roll devices, each unit is an independent system.
3 roll to various post-processing equipment (such as cutting sheet, drum die cutting, etc.).
Third, a wide range of applications
Roller screen printing has a thick ink layer, bright colors, dense, good coverage, fine lines, seamless pattern connections, can use larger particles of printing ink to increase the three-dimensional graphics, high-definition printing images, etc. Widely used in many areas:
1) Roll Invoice Printing
At present, many regions print scraping music on roll-type invoices and conduct prize-winning activities. As roller screen printing products have strong coverage and good coverage,
With the advantages of online printing, confidentiality, simple operation, and easy maintenance, STORK equipment has been widely used in the printing scrape invoice project.
2) Carton Packaging
At present, the special printing effects such as ice and frosting in the carton packaging make the characteristics of roller screen printing fully utilized.
3) Label Printing
Due to the advanced structure of the STORK screen and the high precision of the screen printing equipment, various effects such as multi-screen screen printing, gradients of color, and the like, which are difficult to achieve in the plane screen printing, have been achieved in the label printing.
Fourth, the installation of screen unit
The roller screen printing unit has the flexibility of overall docking with the host. When the line is connected, the specific structure of the printing unit and the user host can be determined according to the specific conditions of the end user. In theory, STORK's screen printing units can be installed on any type of rotating equipment.
Source: French Mechanical Equipment Services Co., Ltd. Zhang Dong